1. Student Application Form
Application for the 2014 Gene Researcher for a Week program is now CLOSED. Please check back November 1st, 2014 for application information for 2015.
2. Student Essay
Please prepare a 300-500 word essay explaining why you should be a Gene Researcher for a Week. To have the best chance of acceptance please ensure your essay includes all of the following:
- Overall average across all subjects as a percentage grade for your previous complete academic year
- Why you are passionate about science and how you have pursued that interest in science at school, work or in the community
- Character attributes that would make you a good scientist
- Your future education and career plans
- What volunteer and extra-curricular activities you participate in, and what you have learned from them
- How you hope to benefit from this experience
- Why we should choose you to be a GRFAW
3. Teacher Reference Letter
Teacher reference letter deadline is January 10, 2014 but it is recommended that your teacher reference letter is submitted by December 31st wherever possible.
Please have your high school biology/science teacher go online to www.genecure.ca/en/programs/gene-researcher-for-a-week/teachers-information/form and fill out the letter of reference document.