YES! Please send me information about the Gene Researcher for a Week program. If you are a grade 11 or 12 student, parent of, teacher or guidance counselor, or provide outreach to students of this age in any capacity (ie newsletter, science organization, website), please sign up here to receive notices about applications, dates and other IMPORTANT information.
You need Adobe Flash to play this video.
Courtesy of Shaw TV
GRFAW Selection Criteria
Selected students will be placed with their host scientists during Spring Break. Due to the high number of students that apply, candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Canada
- Must be a high school student in grade 11 or 12 (or equivalent for Quebec residents)
- Must have a high academic standing (overall GPA of 85% or higher)
- Must show an interest in pursuing a career/education in human genetics
- Must be well rounded in all areas (academic, volunteer and extra-curricular activities)
- Must complete application form and submit all required documentation by deadline